Fort lauderdale Homeowners' Insurance Lawyer
A person’s home is not only a significant financial investment, it is a place where memories are made. Because homes hold as much personal significance as they do financial value, it is important to keep your home protected. Homeowners’ insurance is a specific policy that provides protection for your home in the event that the property suffers damage. Unfortunately, it is not always an easy road to collect coverage after an incident occurs. If your claim has been denied and you are in need of financial help to cover the cost of damages to your home, a homeowners’ insurance lawyer may be able to help.
The Law Offices of Daryl L. Jones, P.A, is a real estate law firm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, that has over 30 years of experience helping clients file a homeowners’ insurance claim. When your home is damaged, you may be feeling helpless as costs begin to pile up in order to fix the damage. That is why it is crucial that you have the help of a legal professional who has the unique qualifications to help with your claim.
How Is a Florida Homeowners’ Insurance Policy Broken Down?
Homeowners’ insurance policies may differ greatly depending on the carrier you choose and what is required by your lending contract. However, all homeowners’ insurance policies are broken down into separate coverage sections. These sections are:
- Coverage A: This covers the structure, also referred to as a dwelling
- Coverage B: This covers other structures on the property like a shed or a fence
- Coverage C: This covers the contents of your home, including your personal property. However, some personal property may require separate coverage like costly jewelry or expensive art
- Coverage D: This covers additional living expense, ALE, also referred to as the loss of use
- Coverage L: This is personal liability coverage
- Coverage M: This covers medical payments to others
Your homeowners’ insurance should detail the different coverage sections and amounts of coverage specific to your policy. If you are unsure of the breakdown of your Fort Lauderdale homeowners’ insurance policy, you should speak with Attorney Daryl L. Jones to better understand your rights regarding your property insurance coverage.
Key Factors You Should Consider When Purchasing Homeowners’ Insurance
Purchasing a home is often the most significant financial investment a person will make. With that in mind, it is important to choose a homeowners’ insurance policy that will be able to protect your home and support your needs. When shopping for homeowners’ insurance in Florida, there are several key factors you should remember.
- Because Florida is more prone to natural disasters than other states, it is crucial that you do not wait to purchase a policy. Take note that you cannot purchase a homeowners’ policy or add coverage when there is a tropical storm warning or hurricane watch in effect.
- If the home you are purchasing is new construction, the types of materials used may impact the cost of your policy. Insurance coverage for a frame home may be more expensive than for a home built with bricks.
- There are different policies available to fit your specific needs. For example if you are living in a mobile-home, there are different policies available than for those who are living in a condo.
- If you have purchased a home for the purpose of renting it, there is a specific type of homeowners’ insurance you will need to purchase.
If you are not sure what to look for when shopping for homeowners’ insurance in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, you should consult our homeowners’ insurance lawyer for help and to ensure you choose the best policy for your specific needs.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Homeowners’ Insurance Lawyer Today
If your home has suffered damage for any reason, it is crucial that you have the protection of homeowners’ insurance to ensure you receive compensation to help pay for your losses. Whether your home was damaged from a hurricane, home invasion, or lightning strike, if your homeowners’ insurance claim is denied, you may need the help of a trusted Fort Lauderdale lawyer.
Attorney Daryl L. Jones of The Law Offices of Daryl L. Jones, P.A, has over 30 years of experience assisting clients who have suffered damage to their homes in Florida. Attorney Daryl L. Jones is proud to offer clients the award-winning and trusted representation they deserve. To schedule a free initial strategy session, contact our firm here or call 305-969-3602.